February 10, 2006

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream

I love watching Lola sleep, partly because I know why she sleeps. Sometimes, she is poopy-tired after a day of play at daycare or after playing with me. On warm days, she likes to take a nap after our afternoon walk. A nap is also good after a particularly satisfying meal. Sometimes, she falls asleep while I rub her belly, and she will sleep with legs in the air.


I have seen her dream, too. Her legs twitched a little and I'm certain she was chasing something in her dreams. Was it a squirrel? A bunny? A kitty? Or was she just running free, at full gallup, the way we sometimes do together?

When she sleeps, it is because she is happy.





[sidenote: next post won't be sappy ;) ]

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Hee. They are awfully cute when they're sleeping, aren't they? (I think it's because it's harder for them to get in trouble then. :)

So Cal said...

I'm sure she catches those squirrels and cats in her dreams every time! :-)

wormie said...

I'm pretty sure that in her dreams, I'm not restraining her. :)