April 28, 2006

Feral Parrots are a Lola Favorite

Walking around the neighborhood, Lola stopped to watch a tree. I soon made out a parrot in said tree and thought, 'Wow. A parrot. Probably, an escapee.' Then I saw another one. And another one. And another one.... It was a whole flock of parrots. Lola thought they were fabulous. Two days later on the Colbert Report, Colbert profiled a Congressman from Pasadena (part of a continuing series) and in his blurb about the district, he noted that Pasadena was famous for its feral parrots. Feral parrots! It's true! They're even mentioned on the city's website.

Since then, we've seen them quite a bit (especially early in the morning when they are rather vocal). Lola seems to like them a lot. I daresay, she's infatuated with them. When they are nearby, she doesn't just stare at the tree (as she usually does). She starts sniffing at the overhanging branches. She barks at them. And when the fly away, she runs and leaps after them.

I think she wishes she could fly. :)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Uh, yeah, remember I told you about the flock that lives in the parking lot up the street that I noticed the first time I came out to visit? Apparently not. :)

wormie said...

Um...nope. :)

wormie said...

I've heard of it, but I haven't seen it yet - it's on my "To Rent" list. :)