June 18, 2006

Desert Dog - Joshua Tree 2006

Lola and I were invited to go Stargazing over Memorial Day weekend by some very nice folks, Paul & Mary. Paul & Mary have a house in Joshua Tree which is both perfect for stargazing and for chasing desert critters. Lola ran around chasing quail & other birds, flies, chipmunks, bunnies and God knows what else.

Here's Lola...

...stalking...


...sniffing...


... and digging...


At one point, I watched Lola swallow something...whole. I'm not sure what it was - a bird or maybe a chipmunk? Yes, Lola is a mighty hunter. She was pretty pleased with herself. Since we've been back, she's been more excited about "hunting" things (like squirrels & flies). I think she's trying to hunt her breakfast every morning now. Silly pup.

Here, she's longing for the one that got away:


Thank you, Paul & Mary, for the stars & the hunting and thank you, D & Wes, for the good company. We both had a very good time.

1 comment:

Zeus said...

Wow, Lola! You are a very fierce hunter. I would never try to square off against you.

Just don't let any of my other feline friends know I said that please...